Make an appointment with Dr. Kunjummen at one of the AHS locations below
- Sandy Springs: 5667 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, Suite 390, Phone: 470-225-6117
- Decatur: 2665 N. Decatur Rd, Suite 320, Phone: 404-856-3550
- Tucker Vascular Lab: 1460 Montreal Road East Suite 200, Phone: 770-638-1400
Dr. Kunjummen obtained his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Minnesota. Subsequently, he attended medical school at Ross University. After finishing his Internal Medicine residency at UMDNJ/Muhlenberg Regional Medical Center in New Jersey, he went on to do a Cardiovascular Diseases fellowship at Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana. There, he served as Chief Fellow in his final year. He has completed fellowships in Interventional Cardiology at University of Texas – Houston and Pacemaker Implantation at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Newark, NJ.
Dr. Kunjummen has done outcomes research following percutaneous coronary interventions and renal artery interventions. He has also been involved in studies involving the pathology of restenosis following interventions.
Clinical interests include acute coronary syndrome, valvular heart disease, heart failure management, peripheral vascular disease and pulmonary hypertension. He has a special interest in the management of cardiovascular diseases of pregnancy.
He performs the following procedures:
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterizations
- Percutaneous Coronary Interventions
- Peripheral Angiography and Interventions
- Carotid, renal and mesenteric interventions
- Trans-esophageal echocardiography
- Pacemaker Implantation
- IVC filters
Dr. Kunjummen is married with two children, a daughter and a son. In his spare time, he enjoys reading, watching movies and spending time with his family.